Individuals managed in the home require a variety of specialists to be involved in their care, and a patient requiring Axzons home health services for respiratory care will have an interdisciplinary team involved in the management plan. Axzons home care respiratory therapist is able to assist patients with daily treatment of respiratory disease, identify and understand complications and educate on the safe use of respiratory equipment. provide additional information regarding medicaid/medicare eligibility criteria for home oxygen therapy.
In-home respiratory therapy is often an option for individuals facing a chronic illness, recovering from surgery or being treated for an infection where hospitalization is not necessary.
It’s safe, cost-effective and allows you to receive therapy in the comfort of your own home. Our trained staff delivers equipment directly to your home and sets it up for safe and easy use, or you may pick up equipment at one of our convenient locations.
Axzons Services can help people suffering from the following illnesses:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Sleep apnea
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- ALS and other neuromuscular diseases
- Restrictive lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Lung Atelectasis
- Other restrictive Pulmonary diseases
Benefits you can expect from Axzons In home Respiratory Therapy
- Improvements to quality of life, positive behavioral changes
- Reduction in hospital stays
- Improvements in health-related quality of life, which includes functional status, symptoms and overall health perceptions
- Positive health behavioral changes
- A greater rate of smoking cessation compared with patients not receiving home respiratory therapy.
- Energy conservation strategies, which help cope with exacerbations, relaxation and breathing techniques, and regular exercise .
We are there for you every step of the way
From initial setup to ongoing therapy requirements. We know you will have questions as you begin and adapt to your specific therapy. That’s why our respiratory therapists, patient service technicians and customer service representatives provide ongoing education and resources.