House Keeper is a person in the house interacting and being social. They help manage the household and take care of your loved one. Homemaker Services may delay or prevent the need for care in an institution. This service makes it possible for older individuals to live in their own homes or to return to their homes by providing assistance in completing tasks they are unable to manage without assistance. This program is not designed to replace assistance provided by family and friends.
They will work with you or your loved one by:
- Being an attentive listener and encouraging your loved one to talk
- Watching for behavior changes that signal sadness, confusion or memory loss
- Identify any immediate medical concerns and coordinate with the family
House Keeper is assigned to provide the following basic household assistance including:
- assistance with personal hygiene,
- essential shopping,
- light housekeeping,
- light meal preparation
- Help your loved one with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene;
- Assist your loved one with mobility;
- Perform light housekeeping and laundry;
- Prepare meals;
- Run errands and take the person to physician’s appointments ; and
- Provide companionship, conversation, and social activities.
House Keeper is not assigned to provide the following:
- moving large furniture,
- shoveling snow, ,
- caring for a garden or yard,
- washing outside windows,,
- cleaning up before or after company,
- washing walls,
- caring for pets or house plants,
- shampooing carpets,
- skilled nursing services,
- assisting with a bladder or bowel program,
- providing transportation, unless there is an emergency,
- other tasks not necessary to maintain a person in his or her home.
- Hours of Service
An individual qualifying for services will receive services as approved in the individual care plan. These services are to be provided during normal working hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
House Keeper Service is a service that can be paid for by private pay or in some cases by Medicaid. To learn more about our house keeper services, give Axzons Homecare a call today at 1-347-829-9667.
Note: Services available in New York, Brooklyn, The Bronx,Queens, Long Island, Westchester and Connecticut.
Services are provided under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.