It feels lonely to be alone and loneliness could dangerously lead to depression which is not good for anyone. But sometimes, if it’s about our aging family members, solitude isn’t only a matter of loneliness.
Elderly individuals cannot completely do simple daily activities like walking, eating, standing and even getting in and out the bed. So they need a companion to help them cope with routine activities.
From one person to another, the bond grows as they experience challenges together. For our clients, this bond grows with every supportive care and daily assistance that we provide them at home.
With their deteriorating health, they can sometimes become forgetful which lead to health complications or safety hazards at home like falling down. These are preventable with a Companion at home to keep your loved one company.
Axzons Healthcare’s Companionship services may include the following but not limited to:
- Lively Conversations over Meals
- Answering the phone
- Reading books and magazines to the client
- Medication Reminders
- Apparel Selection
- Light Housekeeping
- Recreational Activities
- Meal preparation and planning
- Nutrition monitoring
- Accompanied visits to the Doctor or Dentist
- Personal care and hygiene
- Medical documentation
Homemaker is not assigned to provide the following:
- moving large furniture,
- shoveling snow, ,
- caring for a garden or yard,
- washing outside windows,,
- cleaning up before or after company,
- washing walls,
- caring for pets or house plants,
- shampooing carpets,
- skilled nursing services,
- assisting with a bladder or bowel program,
- providing transportation, unless there is an emergency,
- other tasks not necessary to maintain a person in his or her home.
- Hours of Service
An individual qualifying for services will receive services as approved in the individual care plan. These services are to be provided during normal working hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Companion care can also be provided during an in-patient hospital stay and is often referred to as “sitter” service in an inpatient setting. To learn more about our companion care services, give Axzons Homecare a call today at 1-347-829-9667.
Note: Services available in New York, Brooklyn, The Bronx,Queens, Long Island, Westchester and Connecticut.
Services are provided under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.