Heart disease refers to any number of conditions that affect the heart, including coronary artery (or heart) disease and congenital heart disease. Coronary heart disease is characterized by the narrowing of small blood vessels that supply blood and oxygen to the heart. This condition can often be treated or prevented with healthy lifestyle choices.
Watch the video below to help you understand the heart failure in detail.
Axzons’s Cardiac Care
- Heart Failure Management: Eliminate or greatly reduce hospitalizations and emergency room visits for the HF patient. Treatment and follow-up is provided in the home by experienced ICU/CCU RNs Includes disease and lifestyle change education to inotropic infusions.
- Anticoagulation Program: Reduces risks and increases positive outcomes. Anticoagulated patients on service can be regulated utilizing the Axzons Anticoagulation Routine Order Set and state-of-the-art bedside testing and tracking. Precise anticoagulation flow records are faxed to the physician’s office within minutes of testing/titration.
- Home DVT Treatment: Specialized home care program enables patients to receive heparin injections and warfarin titrations for uncomplicated DVT in the home setting and be transitioned to Coumadin at the same time. Patients can save 1-5 hospital days, or may receive all of their treatment at home, avoiding hospitalization completely.
- Specialized Drug Therapies: Protocols for home monitoring and titration; side-effect monitoring and intervention; EKG/patient response reported to physician; improved patient outcomes; onsite EKG, SaO2, CXR, INR testing; comorbidity monitoring and intervention.
- Diagnostics: Remote telemonitoring of vital signs and weight, onsite EKG, pulse oximetry, chest x-ray, and INR testing.
How Patient’s with Heart Disease Benefit from Axzons’s Cardiac Care
Axzons Home Care has experience in helping individuals and their families live with advanced heart disease. We can customize a program that:
- Provides medication reminders, assistance, administration and reconciliation
- Teaches an individual how to recognize early changes in how they feel, and to take appropriate action to decrease episodes of serious illness
- Develops and/or prepares a heart healthy diet (including shopping and meal preparation, if necessary)
- Assists with physician follow up including transportation
- Helps with the daily activities of living such as bathing and dressing
Axzons Homecare’s Cardiac care standards make us one of the most professional providers of home health care services.
To learn more, give us a call today at 1-347-829-9667.
Note: Services available in Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Services are provided under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.