t Axzons Homecare, we know how hard it is to entrust someone else with the health, safety and happiness of your loved one. Many bad and good instances come to mind including some horror stories.
We are health professionals and expect our caregivers to have the highest ethical and professional qualities. We at Axzons Homecare are healthcare professionals ourselves and not marketing professionals or sales people or random people who franchised up this profession. You want a professional experienced, responsible caregiver from a professional Agency to account for the caregiver. We understand that a true companion must share similar interests with your family member and understand their emotional and physical needs. We are healthcare professionals and our goal is to provide caregiver recommendations based on the customized care plan we develop with you, as well as the individual skills and strengths of our caregivers.
You and your family are encouraged to stay involved in the planning of your parent’s care; your family will be included in all aspects of care planning. We will always notify you of any change in their condition and at any time, you can reach our professionals anytime to discuss the plan of care.
t takes someone very special to become a Axzons Homecare’s caregiver. Many who apply do not meet our standards. Our systematic process to become a part of the best home care team in the home care business is difficult. For safety and security, each of our caregivers is bonded and insured. In addition, each of our caregivers must pass a rigorous process of background screening that far exceeds the state regulatory requirements and is the most comprehensive in the industry.
his process includes:
- a national and state specific criminal background check
- a national sex offender data base search
- motor vehicle screening to search for moving violations disqualifying a caregiver from driving a client
- terrorist watch list screening
- wanted person watch list
- national sanction check to scan for inappropriate behaviors
- license and certification authentication
- initial testing and on-going monitoring for drug and alcohol use
- health and communicable disease screening and monitoring
- competency testing in both return demonstration and formal examination
ll of our caregivers participate in a comprehensive orientation and training program before they can provide services to any of our clients. Additionally, each year, each caregiver participates in a minimum of 16 hours of continuing education and training.
Supervision and oversight of our caregivers is always provided by a registered nurse who visits with clients frequently to determine the level of satisfaction with services provided and the extent to which objective goals are being achieved. Clients and families are encouraged to participate in caregiver supervision by using a rating system that feeds into the overall evaluation of caregivers.
We hire caregivers who are professional, experienced, kind, loving and compassionate. They must love giving care because they make a difference in people’s lives every day. The stories we hear from caregivers of love, hope and determination makes coming to work a real pleasure. Caregiving is in your genes, you either have it or not and we at Axzons are always looking for “have it” only.
Why Choose Axzons Homecare?
xzons Homecare offers a vast range of non-medical and skilled services and assistance to anyone requiring both long and short term in-home assistance or support. We are proud to have the following advantages:
- Industry-exclusive background screening of all caregivers who are bonded and insured
- Drug-free and alcohol-free workplace
- Highest quality standards
- Best practices utilized for evidenced based outcomes focused on improving the quality of life and health status of our clients
- Care is focused on multi-disciplinary, case management approach
- Contingency planning for emergencies, both medical and natural
At Axzons Homecare we revere our professional quality of service we deliver to our clients and their families, and its credit goes to our professional team.
We are extremely selective in our hiring process because we know that the people we are entrusting our company name to are the very same people you’re entrusting your health and wellness to. As a result, we have some of the highest employment standards in the home health care industry.
Caregiver Screening Process
At Axzons we understand the importance of our caregiver screening process. Trustworthiness, education and training are paramount. This is why we request the following tests and verification for every new team member:
- A comprehensive interview
- Professional reference check
- Criminal background check
- Drug testing
- Skills competency testing
- DMV record verification
- Training verification
- Proof of I-9 documentation
Disease-Specific Training Requirements
Axzons Homecare offers disease-specific care and support. Therefore, before a caregiver can be assigned to specialized care, a thorough Specialty Care Training must be completed. Our Specialty Care Training include:
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care
- Diabetes Care
- Pulmonary Care
- Traumatic Brain Injury Care
- Autism Care
- CVA Stroke Care
- Mental and Behavioral Health Care
- Hospice Care
- Pediatric Care/Child Care Skills
Axzons Homecare’s employment and service standards make us one of the most professional providers of home health care services.
To learn more, give us a call today at 1-347-829-9667.
Note: Services available in Long Island, Queens,Brooklyn, Bronx,New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Services are provided under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.