When you are recovering from a cardiac procedure or living with conditions like congestive heart failure or high blood pressure, you may need additional care to get back to doing the things your love. Our skilled nurses provide the specialized cardiac care you need to regain your independence.
Our experts can help if you have experienced:
- Heart failure (HF)
- Angina pectoris
- Acute myocardial infarction (MI or AMI)
- Ischemic heart disease
- Tachycardia/Atrial fib
- CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)
- Angioplasty and stent placement
We provide care centered on your needs and abilities. We’re here to help you recover to the fullest extent possible as quickly as your treatment allows.
Axzons cardiology care:
- Helps prevent unwanted hospital visits
- Reduces shortness of breath
- Improves your quality of life
- Offers self-management techniques for your condition
- Provides education on your condition and medications so you and your family can be active participants in your care
- Provides coordination between healthcare providers and community services
Our specially trained nurses and therapists help you manage your condition, maintain your ability to do the things you want and remain in your home.
Professional Cardiac Care at your Home
ur professional nurses and therapists are experts in cardiology care. Care begins with a check on the status of your current health condition, your home environment and your understanding of your condition. They offer solutions and tools that fit your lifestyle, including a journal to chart day-to-day progress; how to make changes to your home environment; an exercise plan to build strength and increase ease of movement; and in-home monitoring by nursing professionals.
CARDIAC CARE SERVICES
- Live better with chronic cardiac, vascular and/or pulmonary problems
- Do better with medication, home treatments and care
- Worry less and reduce your ER visits and repeat hospitalization
With cardiovascular/pulmonary care at home, you’ll feel better and enjoy life more. Axzons’s RNs have cardiac and intensive care nursing experience, and we use the most up-to-date monitoring equipment and home diagnostics, including EKGs at the bedside. Our patients have cardiovascular problems, including heart failure, COPD, and vascular conditions. They receive comprehensive help at home with cardiac monitoring services, medication management/monitoring, education for better self-care and improved quality of life.
Your cardiology patients may benefit from home healthcare if they:
- Have frequent exacerbation of their heart failure, atrial ¬fibrillation, high blood pressure, or angina, and require multiple medicines to manage their condition and prevent hospitalization.
- Have difficulty managing their cardiac medications, requiring frequent interventions and office visits.
- Have difficulty using their diuretics effectively and understanding how to take them properly.
- Have recently been prescribed oxygen and require education and safety information.
- Are symptomatic with minimal activity, such as walking back to the exam room.
- Are habitual callers to your office with questions about their cardiac condition, medications or symptoms and could benefit from a skilled nurse to supplement education on medication management, assess effectiveness of the medications and make sure symptoms are being controlled.
- Are weakened from their cardiac condition, have difficulty with self-care and mobility, and could benefit from therapy to provide strengthening exercises and instruction on energy conservation
- Need follow-up care, medication teaching or management after hospitalization.
- Have difficulty monitoring their weight.
- Could benefit from frequent monitoring of anti-coagulant therapy and/or have difficulty obtaining required monitoring due to home-bound status.
- Have caregivers who have significant challenges managing the care of their loved one at home.
- Would benefit from developing or improving self-management skills to manage their cardiac condition.
- Could benefit from an action plan to help manage exacerbation before they become severe.